It takes just seven seconds to make that strong first impression. However, in the noisy and information-driven world that we live it, key messages can be difficult to convey. Visual content marketing is so important as it is 40x more likely to be shared. Here are just a few options you can use:
We may be stating the obvious but it can be too easy to forget to include images in your posts. Here are some ideas for new ways to add in imagery to your content calendar.
- Use photos from events or of people at the office.
- Share pictures on social media that others have shared with you.
- Use stock images to spruce up a blog/article.
Infographics are a fantastic way to quantify information in a shareable, easy-to-follow format.
- They are shared three times more than other content.
- Presentations with visual aids are 43% more persuasive; so consider using an infographic in a slide.
- Infographics are best used when they include tips, how-to information, key stats and data.
- It is predicted that 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video (Syndacast).
- According to Hubspot, using video in an email subject line increased open rates by 19% and click through rates by 65%.
- Why not try a short how-to video, a Q&A with leading staff or behind-the-scenes clips from an event? For example, here’s one we made after attending the launch of Cork Midsummer Festival 2017.