If you haven’t made any changes in the past few months, it’s time to review your profile!
- Use an up-to-date bio picture. (Under no circumstances leave the picture blank!)
- Include your current job title.
- Include key words that relate to your role and industry.
- Include your social media profiles, such as Twitter.
- Update any contact details.
Try to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date with frequent posts to demonstrate your knowledge of your industry.
- Compile a post a week where possible.
- Include blogs, links to relevant articles, events or training at which you will attend or are hosting.
- LinkedIn advises to post at least 20 times per month to build an engaging feed.
At least once a week, you should spend a minimum of 30 minutes maintaining, building and engaging with your network.
- Build an initial network by connecting with clients, past and present colleagues, friends and family.
- Reach out with those you met, after attending a business or networking event.
- Don’t just receive recommendations, where relevant, you may also give recommendations to others.
- Connect only with people you know or have met.
- Add a constructive comment or piece of advice to posts you find interesting.
COMPANIES & INFLUENCERS:
- Follow thought leaders and people of note in your industry.
- Join company groups to see how they operate, and what news items are current in the moment.
For the thought leaders:
LinkedIn is the perfect platform to build your personal brand. From working with industry leaders our team knows how to build an engaging feed and an important presence on LinkedIn. If you are a company executive and you are striving to become a thought leader in your industry, LinkedIn is a vital tool for you. Pop us an email to get our thoughts on how you can improve your presence.